Get an awesome UX design job
Your next job switch just got easier
Everything you need for the next step in your design career — get more job interviews, more job offers, learn how to find and pick the most UX-mature company, and increase your salary by at least 30%.
Are you stuck in your career?
You want to do meaningful UX work and solve real problems for your users but your work mostly gets judged by “how it looks.” Or maybe your work just isn’t valued by your coworkers.
Nod your head if...
- You’re underpaid: You’ve been with your current employer for some time but only received minor salary increases (if any at all).
- You’re bored: Most of the time, you just do what your coworkers ask you to do — you’re a wireframe monkey.
- You’re stuck: you don’t know how to write the UX case studies for your portfolio and what to put in them.
- You’re rejected: You’ve tried applying to other jobs but constantly get rejected and only rarely get a reply or a job interview.
- UX Maturity: You don’t know how to find out if the company you’re applying to is a UX-mature company.
- You freeze in job interviews: When you get a job interview, you don’t know how to answer the questions to proceed to the next stage.
It’s time for a better job
Unlike other UX portfolio courses, this one focuses on finding a better, higher-paying job with a UX-mature company.
UX designers need to work in an environment where they’re encouraged and trusted to do what’s best for the users. That’s only possible in UX-mature companies.
High UX maturity
Companies with a high “UX maturity” understand the role of UX design and know that it’s fundamental to their growth. UX design is not just a step in the process, it is the main process in the company.
Strong & collaborative UX culture
You’ll be valued by your colleagues, everyone will want to collaborate with you and contribute to improving the user experience, you’ll be at the center of these cross-functional teams.
Solving user problems
You’ll do UX research before you even draw a pixel in Figma. You’ll interact with users on a weekly (if not daily) basis. You’ll see how your work helps them solve their problems and draw a smile on their faces.
This course won’t just teach you how to create your UX portfolio, it’ll help you get a job at a UX-mature company where you’ll do the best work of your life.
The UX Buddy course does that in 5 steps.
5 steps to a better UX job
Learn how to recognise the signs of UX maturity (and immaturity)
Identify the red flags of UX-immature companies, find out what questions you should ask during the job interviews to recognise the UX-mature ones.
- UX maturity evaluation tool — identify the most UX-mature company to join
- Self-evaluation tool for your skills — what’s your seniority and what jobs should you apply to?
Write impactful, concise case studies that present you as a capable designer
Learn what works and what doesn’t from other designer’s portfolio teardowns, use the UX Buddy templates and the STAR approach to create a portfolio full of content that UX managers look for.
- UX Case study template — don’t start from scratch, start with the STAR framework.
- Portfolio template (Google Slides) — present your work with this refined template.
- Career Management Document (CMD) — keep track of your best work to include in your portfolio.
Strike a perfect balance between the amount of content and aesthetics
Do you want to get rejected less and ger more job interviews? You need a better resumé. You only get a few seconds of the recruiter’s attention so you need to stand out as a competent designer.
- Resumé (CV) template — everything you need for a well crafted resumé that stands out.
- Cover letter template — writing good cover letters is tricky, this template makes it super easy.
Be prepared, present yourself and your story, be memorable
The key to acing the design job interviews is to be prepared. Practice your answers to common questions, don’t freeze when you’re asked difficult questions, and learn how to solve any design task in a way that your interviewers want to see.
- Interviewing journal — Reflect on your past interviews to maximise your learnings and improve for the future interviews.
- Job interview kit — Prepare your answers to the most common questions and learn how to answer the trickiest questions.
- Questions to ask — Ask these questions to find out if a company is UX-mature.
- Design tasks for practice — Practice solving design tasks and whiteboard challenges.
- STAR framework for solving design tasks — A 4-step process to help you solve any design task.
Get feedback on your portfolio and support when it gets tough
Job switching and hunting is hard, demotivating and stressful so a lot of designers give up. The UX Buddy community (and the instructor of the course) will give you feedback on your portfolio, cover letter and resumé, and support you to keep going when things get tough.
- 1:1 feedback and support from the instructor — email or Zoom calls, depending on the plan you purchase.
- Slack community access — get feedback and support from other students of the course.
Here’s a sneak peek of the course that’ll help you land your dream job.
The easier, faster way to get a better job
Registrations are open! 🎉 The seats are limited so make sure you grab yours while they’re still available.
UX Buddy Course
Recommended if you want to find a new job in the next 1-4 months
- Lifetime access and future updates
- Self-paced course with 50+ lessons
- UX maturity evaluation tools
- Case study and portfolio templates
- Resumé and cover letter templates
- Job interview questions examples (with answers)
- Whiteboard challenges for practice
- Community access
- 1-1 instructor feedback (email) New
- Early bird price (save $50)
Early bird price — Single payment, lifetime access
9/20 seats leftGet instant access →
Early bird pricing ends tomorrow!
👍 30-Day money-back policy
UX Buddy Course + Mentoring New
Recommended if you want to find a new job in the next 1-2 months
- Everything from UX Buddy Course +
- Three 60 minutes 1-1 Zoom calls with the instructor (worth $450)
- Personalised career advice, portfolio feedback, mentoring, and support
- Early bird price (save $100)
Early bird price — Single payment, lifetime access
Sold outJoin the waitlist →
👍 No credit card required.
This course pays for itself
The students of this course have increased their salary by an average of 30%. In other words, you’ll get a massive return on your investment.
Don’t miss this course if you want to prepare for job interviews
I got access to UX Buddy right when I was already in the middle of interviewing at various companies. It’s been a great help to prepare myself and build confidence — having a solid foundation of questions to be prepared for but also questions you might want to ask companies was the right help at the right time.
Jan Six (@six7)
Got hired by GitHub
This will seriously help you get started and be prepared
This course offers lots of valuable insights that I had no idea of, but the most valuable part for me, is it manages the content in a very clear way which helps move forward, step by step. I landed my next job recently after preparing for more than three months, looking back it still feels painful, but this course has helped me to stay on the track. A huge thank you to Matej!
Thoughful and well rounded
This course teaches more than just UX. Deciding what workplace to choose, and how to decide its maturity. The tasks which you do between lessons are great and help you gain insight into the “how and why.”
Vladimirs Nordholm (@vladdeSV)
Very helpful content!
I’m a UX researcher transitioning to UX designer. I wanted information to help me find and bridge the gaps in skill and knowledge. This has been an excellent resource. It has a clean and easy to read layout and a friendly yet concise tone.
Lanita McCullerses (@vladdeSV)
Here’s what a lot of people ask about UX Buddy. If your question isn’t answered here, shoot me an email.
Yes! I would kill to have all this knowledge when I was a junior designer. With this course, you could get to do amazing design work in your very next job. Without it, it could take you years. This is not just a UX portfolio course, it's a course to help you design your design career. It's like having a mentor telling you what to do at different parts of your career.
Yes! A lot of senior designers are stuck in their careers right now. Making a job switch doesn't get easier with higher seniority, maybe it even gets harder because the expectations to perform well in job interviews and to have a top-notch portfolio are higher. If you're looking for a career move but feel stuck, this course is for you.
Not yet, but I'll add more content in the future to help managers make the right career moves.
I'm sure you could learn from it, but the course is dedicated to UX and product designers.
There are no requirements other than being a UX or Product Designer. You’ll get the most out of this course if you’re serious about finding a new, better UX job in the next couple of months. It also helps if you already have some material for the case studies prepared.
Yes, this is a self-paced course, you can take as long as you want to complete it. I think it’s possible to complete it in a couple weeks if you spend 30 minutes per day.
No. Video courses can be quite hard to follow, so I decided to present the content of the course in a format that allows the students to study it at their own pace. The course is a combination of written lessons, quizzes, self-evaluations, exercises and getting feedback from peers.
Yes, a 30 days money-back policy. So far, 99% of UX Buddy students were happy with the course but if for some reason you’re not, I’ll gladly refund your order.